Re: Temp tables and LRU-K caching

From: Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Mike Mascari <mascarm(at)mascari(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Temp tables and LRU-K caching
Date: 2002-09-23 18:50:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> No, we never heard back from that guy. It is still a live topic though.
> One of the Red Hat people was looking at it over the summer, and I think
> Neil Conway is experimenting with LRU-2 code right now.

Just to confirm that, I'm working on this, and hope to have something
ready for public consumption soon. Tom was kind enough to send me some
old code of his that implemented an LRU-2 replacement scheme, and I've
used that as the guide for my new implementation. I just got a really
basic version working yesterday -- I'll post a patch once I get
something I'm satisfied with. I also still need to look into the local
buffer management stuff suggested by Tom.

Cheers,

Neil

--
Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com> || PGP Key ID: DB3C29FC