Re: Problem on AIX with current

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Tatsuo Ishii <t-ishii(at)sra(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: ZeugswetterA(at)spardat(dot)at, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Problem on AIX with current
Date: 2001-10-02 14:41:58
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tatsuo Ishii <t-ishii(at)sra(dot)co(dot)jp> writes:
> Strange enough, there's no other backend (of course except stats
> collectors) here. I make sure this with ps and pg_stat_activity view.

If you have no better way of determining what's going on, it might help
to recompile with LOCK_DEBUG defined, then enable trace_lwlocks in
postgresql.conf (better turn on debug_print_query, log_timestamp, and
log_pid too). This will generate rather voluminous log output, perhaps
enough to provide a clue.