not likely making the meeting - medical issues

From: merlyn(at)stonehenge(dot)com (Randal L(dot) Schwartz)
To: "Postgresql PDX_Users" <pdxpug(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: not likely making the meeting - medical issues
Date: 2008-11-20 11:33:37
Lists: pdxpug

As some of you know, I broke my left arm four weeks ago, undergoing surgery
three weeks ago. The bones are now in place, but i've just started the
process of recovering flexibility and strength. This consists of wiggling
various joints in my fingers and wrist, then waiting 20 minutes to see if my
tendons are now inflamed. If so, take ibuprofen and be as still as I can for
two hours until the swelling passes. If not, be happy, and try to wiggle the
next joints and repeat. Sadly, I keep erring on the side of pain.

What I didn't realize is how painful this process it would be, and how
distracted I would be by that. I'm having to focus on essentials (eat and
sleep and wiggling joints and taking ibuprofen and billable hours) until I can
get back on top of this.

<merlyn(at)stonehenge(dot)com> <URL:http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/>