Re: [HACKERS] Current sources?

From: Tom Ivar Helbekkmo <tih+mail(at)Hamartun(dot)Priv(dot)NO>
To: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Current sources?
Date: 1998-05-24 09:13:14
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I wrote:

> I'm starting to look forward to when the CVS source tree gets into a
> buildable state again! This could be a comfortable way of keeping
> up to date with the current sources. Here's hoping you find a good
> solution to the s_lock.h misunderstandings soon... :-)

A closer look shows that you've actually got it worked out, except
that the ugly hack for Sparcs running BSD now has broken completely.
It used to work when it was in s_lock.h, but in a separately compiled
file, it doesn't. (It relies on an entry point declared inside asm()
within an unused function that's explicitly declared static.)

I just replaced it with the simpler one for SparcLinux, and it's OK.

On the weird side, after I updated to the current sources, the backend
dies on me whenever I try to delete a database, whether from psql with
'drop database test' or from the command line with 'destroydb test'.

-tih
--
Popularity is the hallmark of mediocrity. --Niles Crane, "Frasier"