Re: [patch] Proposal for \rotate in psql

From: "Daniel Verite" <daniel(at)manitou-mail(dot)org>
To: "Pavel Stehule" <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "Greg Stark" <stark(at)mit(dot)edu>, "PostgreSQL Hackers" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [patch] Proposal for \rotate in psql
Date: 2015-12-14 22:15:14
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Pavel Stehule wrote:

> here is patch - supported syntax: \crosstabview VCol [+/-]HCol [HOrderCol]
>
> Order column should to contains any numeric value. Values are sorted on
> client side

If I understand correctly, I see a problem with HOrderCol.

If the vertical header consists of, for example, a series of
event names, and it should be sorted by event date, then
the requirement of HOrderCol being strictly numeric is
problematic, in a way that the previous proposal was not, isn't it?

Best regards,
--
Daniel Vérité
Twitter: @DanielVerite