Question about TEMP tables

From: Воронин Дмитрий <carriingfate92(at)ya(dot)ru>
Subject: Question about TEMP tables
Date: 2015-03-16 13:14:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello, all.

We can create temp namespaces and temp objects that contains it. So, for example, temp table will be create at pg_temp_N (N - backendID). But afrer cluster init we have pg_temp_1 and pg_toast_temp_1 namespaces with OIDs 11333 and 11334. Those namespaces are visible from any cluster database, but we cannot create any temp objects (please, correct me).

So, how can we use those namespaces and what are needed for?

Thank you.

--
Best regards, Dmitry Voronin