Re: PostgreSQL training curriculum

From: "Frank D(dot) Engel, Jr(dot)" <fde101(at)fjrhome(dot)net>
To: General PostgreSQL list <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL training curriculum
Date: 2004-12-21 22:41:59
Lists: pgsql-general

Or anything else for that matter?

The GPL specifically allows you to charge even for the software (for
other people's work, in fact); the catch is that you can't prevent the
people you sell it to from giving it away for free, so what's the point
;-) (although companies like redhat and mandrake do it all the time,
of course... they provide commercial support and nice company-logo
books 'n boxes to compensate for that fact, but in the end...)

Also, PostgreSQL is *not* covered by the GPL.

On Dec 21, 2004, at 5:13 PM, Doug Quale wrote:

> "Jim C. Nasby" <decibel(at)decibel(dot)org> writes:
>
>> I am being paid for this training, so keep that in mind if you're a
>> real
>> GPL zealot. ;)
>
> Why would a GPL zealot care if you are being paid to provide training?

Frank D. Engel, Jr. <fde101(at)fjrhome(dot)net>

$ ln -s /usr/share/kjvbible /usr/manual
everlasting life.
$

Signup at www.doteasy.com