returning multiple result sets from a stored procedure

From: John Adams <john_adams_mail(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: returning multiple result sets from a stored procedure
Date: 2010-09-02 22:25:45
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I noticed in postgres you cannot return multiple result sets from a stored
procedure (surprisingly as it looks like a very good dbms).

I would like to suggest adding this feature.
- It is very usefull
- It is supported by all other dbmss I have worked with.
- makes porting applications to postgres very difficult (we have used this
feature in our stored procedures and now there is no easy way of porting to
postgres)
Thanks and we are waiting