Re: Extra Vietnamese unaccent rules

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Dang Minh Huong <kakalot49(at)gmail(dot)com>, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Kha Nguyen <nlhkha(at)gmail(dot)com>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Extra Vietnamese unaccent rules
Date: 2017-08-17 02:56:47
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> On Thu, Aug 17, 2017 at 6:01 AM, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
>> I'm not really qualified to review the Python coding
>> style, but I did fix a typo in a comment.

> No pythonist here, but a large confusing "if" condition without any
> comments is better if split up and explained with comments if that can
> help in clarifying what the code is doing in any language, so thanks
> for keeping the code intact.

Certainly agreed on splitting up the logic into multiple statements.
I just meant that I don't know enough Python to know if there are
better ways to do these tests. (It probably doesn't matter, since
performance of this script is not an issue, and it's not likely to
undergo a lot of further development either.)