Re: incompatible pointer type

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Robert Young <yayooo(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: incompatible pointer type
Date: 2011-10-18 18:22:20
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Robert Young <yayooo(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> Platform:
> OpenBSD 4.9 GENERIC.MP#819 amd64 Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5620 @ 2.40GHz

Hmm, what version of bison are you using? Because the ones I've dealt
with emit

typedef union YYSTYPE {
} YYSTYPE;

which makes the code correct as-is. Your proposed patch seems to me
to be making more assumptions about what bison will emit (specifically,
about the ordering of various code blocks) than what we're doing now.