Re: Dump database more than 1 flat file

From: "A(dot)Burbello" <burbello3000(at)yahoo(dot)com(dot)br>
To: Postgres Adm List <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Dump database more than 1 flat file
Date: 2007-12-17 20:06:53
Lists: pgsql-admin

I consider this way a good practice to transport the
files. This is because I have table that has more than
30GB.
But if the OS was windows, couldn't split the files
because postgres doesn't has this feature!
Could be a good option if postgres had native.

Weel, I will try this:
eg: $ pg_dump postgres -U postgres -f split.txt |
split --bytes=10m

Thank you.

http://br.mail.yahoo.com/