Re: trouble with db-restore

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "rob" <rob(at)cabrion(dot)com>
Cc: "Heiko Irrgang" <irrgang(at)SC-Networks(dot)de>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: trouble with db-restore
Date: 2001-01-10 04:43:57
Lists: pgsql-general

"rob" <rob(at)cabrion(dot)com> writes:
> I have seen that before on my own system. Same PG version for dump/restore.
> Wasn't a big deal for me to redo the views since I had so few (i.e. 1) I
> never reported it, but it happened more than once.

You should have reported it :-( ... as I said, I hadn't heard about this
failure mode before. I assume that the dump script shows the views as
CREATE TABLE not CREATE VIEW? I'd ask you to send me the dump script,
but it's unlikely to tell me much if the error is upstream. Can you
provide a script for creating a view that pg_dump fails to dump
correctly?