Re: PQendcopy:resetting connection Problem and Cannot insert a duplicate key into unique index

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Wang, Mary Y" <mary(dot)y(dot)wang(at)boeing(dot)com>
Cc: Scott Marlowe <scott(dot)marlowe(at)gmail(dot)com>, "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PQendcopy:resetting connection Problem and Cannot insert a duplicate key into unique index
Date: 2010-02-03 22:42:16
Lists: pgsql-general

"Wang, Mary Y" <mary(dot)y(dot)wang(at)boeing(dot)com> writes:
> What would be the newer version of pgsql (I mean a bit higher version of my current version) that provides that capability of telling me what the duplicated key was ?

Hmm ... [ experiments... ] For the specific case of COPY into a table
with a pre-existing unique index, it looks like only CVS HEAD will give
you an error message with the exact index value. However, everything
back to 7.4 will include the text of the whole current line of COPY
data, which probably would be enough to figure out the problem.