Re: plpython function problem workaround

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Marco Colombo <pgsql(at)esiway(dot)net>
Cc: Michael Fuhr <mike(at)fuhr(dot)org>, Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog(at)svana(dot)org>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: plpython function problem workaround
Date: 2005-03-18 17:11:14
Lists: pgsql-general

Marco Colombo <pgsql(at)esiway(dot)net> writes:
> Right now I'm parsing the string first, changing the resulting
> parse tree adding missing nodes (def, INDENT, DEINDENT) and
> then compiling it.

Hmmm ... is this really going to be simpler or more robust than lexing
the string carefully enough to insert tabs at the right places? The
impression I had so far was that you'd only need to understand about
Python's string-literal conventions to get that right ... and that's
something that's not likely to change. I'm not so sure that parse
trees can be regarded as an immutable API.