Re: PostgreSQL 7.4RC2 compile faliure on Solaris

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Mark Round <mark(at)markround(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL 7.4RC2 compile faliure on Solaris
Date: 2003-11-12 15:14:28
Lists: pgsql-ports

Mark Round <mark(at)markround(dot)com> writes:
> I am having trouble building PostgreSQL 7.4RC2 on Solaris.

> Undefined first referenced
> symbol in file
> PQparameterStatus pg_backup_db.o

It looks like the linker is trying to link pg_dump to an old (7.3 or
before) version of libpq --- presumably one that you already have
installed somewhere. Perhaps you have some environment setting
that is forcing the linker to look in system directories before it
looks in the intended place in the build tree? I dunno anything about
linker search rules on Solaris ...

If worst comes to worst you could probably go ahead and install the
already-made libpq.so (see src/interfaces/libpq), but I'm sure there
is a cleaner way.