Re: Can I have a look at your TuningWizard generated config file?

From: Jennifer Trey <jennifer(dot)trey(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Ashesh Vashi <ashesh(dot)vashi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, Thomas Kellerer <spam_eater(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Can I have a look at your TuningWizard generated config file?
Date: 2009-07-31 14:02:54
Lists: pgsql-general

I think I got everything now. Most things where on by default it seems.

# RUNTIME STATISTICS

# - Query/Index Statistics Collector -

track_activities = off *#I turned this off
*#track_counts = on
#track_functions = none # none, pl, all
track_activity_query_size = 16kB
#update_process_title = on
#stats_temp_directory = 'pg_stat_tmp'

# - Statistics Monitoring -

#log_parser_stats = off
#log_planner_stats = off
#log_executor_stats = off
#log_statement_stats = off

# AUTOVACUUM PARAMETERS

#autovacuum = on # Enable autovacuum subprocess? 'on'
# requires track_counts to also be on.
#log_autovacuum_min_duration = -1 # -1 disables, 0 logs all actions and
# their durations, > 0 logs only
# actions running at least this number
# of milliseconds.
#autovacuum_max_workers = 3 # max number of autovacuum subprocesses
*autovacuum_naptime* = 20min # time between autovacuum runs
*autovacuum_vacuum_threshold* = 250 # min number of row updates before
# vacuum
*autovacuum_analyze_threshold* = 125 # min number of row updates before
# analyze
#autovacuum_vacuum_scale_factor = 0.2 # fraction of table size before
vacuum
#autovacuum_analyze_scale_factor = 0.1 # fraction of table size before
analyze
#autovacuum_freeze_max_age = 200000000 # maximum XID age before forced
vacuum
# (change requires restart)
#autovacuum_vacuum_cost_delay = 20ms # default vacuum cost delay for
# autovacuum, in milliseconds;
# -1 means use vacuum_cost_delay
#autovacuum_vacuum_cost_limit = -1 # default vacuum cost limit for
# autovacuum, -1 means use
# vacuum_cost_limit

I am not going for the TuningWizard anymore since I set everything up
manually that I believe it normally touches.

Thanks all (on the other threads as well :) ), you have been extremely
helpful. I must say that I love this mailing list. And PostgreSQL :)

Sincerely / Jennifer