PGS Tuning Wizard destroys my login

From: Jennifer Trey <jennifer(dot)trey(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PGS Tuning Wizard destroys my login
Date: 2009-04-08 09:48:33
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,
What does the Tuning Wizard do? The one you can run on PGS ? Does it just
touch up the postgresql.conf ? Does it play with other stuff as well?

I am asking because, every time I run the wizard I cannot login with the
password I choose when I installed PGS. What is going on? Replacing the
generated postgresql.conf with the old to "go back" does not help either.

First time I reformatted my whole disk, and tried install PGS and ran Tuning
Wizard again. Same thing happened!

This time I just uninstalled, and installed PGS again without the tuning
wizard and I haven't had any problems since, but I need the tuning!

The un-installation left some of the Data files behind, which i cannot
delete, I have not access to them, but I am logged in as Administrator.

What is going on!?

Jennifer