Re: sudden drop in delete performance

From: "surabhi(dot)ahuja" <surabhi(dot)ahuja(at)iiitb(dot)ac(dot)in>
To: "Ben Trewern" <ben(dot)trewern(at)_nospam_mowlem(dot)com>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: sudden drop in delete performance
Date: 2006-12-01 11:48:50
Lists: pgsql-general

after my update
I had my entire data drectory PGDATA removed,
i had done initdb again
and did lot of inserts (the inserts have given the similar performance)

i then do a remove from the db, which is taking time.
when i had postgres 8.0.0 i did not turn fsyn off.
that time i had moved the pg_xlog directory to a diff partition and created a link from PGDATA to its new location.
(i did this because i had heard tha it boosts performanne)

but I am doing the same here also (i mean with Postgres 8.1.5)

the only thing that i havent changed is the jdbc jar
which is still the one that i used with Postgres 8.0.0
(but will that make it slow?)

thanks,
surabhi