planning to upgrade to 8.1

From: "surabhi(dot)ahuja" <surabhi(dot)ahuja(at)iiitb(dot)ac(dot)in>
To: "Richard Broersma Jr" <rabroersma(at)yahoo(dot)com>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: planning to upgrade to 8.1
Date: 2006-06-27 12:22:19
Lists: pgsql-general

I am currently using 8.0.0, i heard that 8.1 can help in performance boost especially if the system is multi core processor.
i am also planning to upgrade.
To which version should i upgrade?
Also Please tell if ther will be a need to build my programs again.

I mean is it ok if i use the same libpq stuff.
Only the server needs to be upgraded, or i need to build with new libpq.

Thanks,
regards
Surabhi