Re: [RFC] building postgres with meson

From: "Joel Jacobson" <joel(at)compiler(dot)org>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [RFC] building postgres with meson
Date: 2022-02-09 10:06:13
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Oct 12, 2021, at 10:37, Andres Freund wrote:
> - PGXS - and I don't yet know what to best do about it. One
> backward-compatible way would be to continue use makefiles for pgxs,
> but do the necessary replacement of Makefile.global.in via meson (and
> not use that for postgres' own build). But that doesn't really
> provide a nicer path for building postgres extensions on windows, so
> it'd definitely not be a long-term path.

To help evaluate meson, I've put together a list consisting of 6165 Github repos with (?m)^PGXS in the Makefile.

It's structured in the alphabetical order of each parent repo, with possible children repos underneath, using Markdown nested lists.

https://github.com/joelonsql/postgresql-extension-repos

Perhaps such a list could be useful also for other purposes as well,
maybe to create some new type of automated tests.

/Joel