Permissions problem

From: "Jonathan Mast" <jonathan(dot)h(dot)mast(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Permissions problem
Date: 2008-01-02 19:02:34
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

I have developed a webapp using JSP and POJOs that accesses our production
Postgre database. On the Windows machine I developed it on, everything
works fine: it connects to the database and performs the queries specified
by the user in the web pages.

When placed into production on our Linux boxes, it will not connect and I
cannot figure out what the problem is. I presume it is with permissions.
Other JSP webapps on our server successfully connect to Postgre, but using a
legacy API I cannot get my head around.

Again my question is: Why does this webapp work when ran from my Windows
machine, but not from the Linux?

thanks,
Jonathan