Re: Location of PGCon EU

From: Hans-Juergen Schoenig <hs(at)cybertec(dot)at>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Koen Martens <gmc(at)metro(dot)cx>, \"Cédric Villemain\" <cedric(dot)villemain(at)dalibo(dot)com>, pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Location of PGCon EU
Date: 2007-11-13 16:49:49
Lists: pgeu-general

>>> As would I, actually. However, nobody "central" has stepped up to do
>>> the work yet. If we really want to do this, somebody needs to say,
>>> "Hey, we can do it here. Everyone good? Alright... this is what I
>>> need from people and how everyone can help."
>>>
>>> Joshua D. Drake
>>

>> consider looking at a map :)
>> prague, vienna, prato and so on are pretty much in the center of
>> Europe these days *g*.
>
> :) Yes and each has been offered as a location and none has been
> confirmed. That is my only point. I am happy no matter what the
> location becomes. However, because I want this to be as successful as
> possible, it is usually a good idea to announce a venue :P
>
> The Fall Conference, has ~ 65 people. If we would have had 4 more
> weeks
> I believe we could have hit 100. Considering this conference is for
> "EU" I would think with proper facilitation, it could easily hit 200.

the point is - you said that nobody stepped up to do the work.
in fact, we have a couple of countries who volunteered.
the problem just seems to be that there has to be an agreement.

throwing in further locations such as ukraine or whatever will
certainly not help here.
the important thing now is that the European posters on this list
find a nice agreement
and a roadmap.

and hint bringing us closer to this goal is helpful. the rest is pure
theory which
basically leads to zero output and frustration.

so, my question is - how can we find
a.) a decision
or ...
b.) at least a procedure to agree on something.

best regards,

hans

--
Cybertec Schönig & Schönig GmbH