Driver updates for 7.1

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "'pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Driver updates for 7.1
Date: 2001-01-22 21:19:25
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Unfortunately my understanding of the ODBC drivers internals is not such
that I'm confident to do these mods myself (or my C for that matter!), but
I've noticed a couple of things that probably should be updated for 7.1:

1) SQLGetInfo SQL_MAX_ROW_SIZE returns BLKSZ which is defined as 4096. With
Toast in 7.1 presumably this is now incorrect?

2) SQLGetInfo SQL_MAX_STATEMENT_LEN currently returns MAX_QUERY_SIZE which
is defined as 2* BLKSZ. Again, incorrect for 7.1 (and 7.0.x if I remember
correctly)?

3) SQLGetInfo SQL_OUTER_JOINS currently returns 'N'. Should be 'Y' for 7.1?
As the driver now claims to conform to ODBC v2.50, does SQLGetInfo
SQL_OJ_CAPABILITIES also need to be implemented?

Also, what with these and other recent updates such as referential integrity
violation reporting, not to mention the recent confusion on the interfaces
list as to what is the most up-to-date driver, perhaps the version number
should be updated in psqlodbc.rc *and* psqlodbc.h.

Regards,

Dave.