bug? import foreign schema forgets to import column description

From: Erik Rijkers <er(at)xs4all(dot)nl>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: bug? import foreign schema forgets to import column description
Date: 2018-01-04 16:57:15
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi all,

Using IMPORT FOREIGN SCHEMA I notice that the column descriptions of
the remote tables are not taken along to the imported schema. I am
usgin postgres_fdw to 'import' a schema with foreign tables (but the
same omission happens with ordinary tables as well).

This is a bug, no? Surely the description strings should be available
at the receiving end.

Do you agree this is an oversight that should be fixed?

thanks,

Erik Rijkers