Postgres 8.02 connectivity

From: Shaun Clements <ShaunC(at)relyant(dot)co(dot)za>
To: "'pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Postgres 8.02 connectivity
Date: 2005-05-05 06:55:06
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi All

I have been quite content with postgres, until a recent installation on a
windows box, in an attempt to setup a new server.
There is an option when you install Postgres, to allow other computers to
connect to the DB server. I selected that option, so I can connect over the
network to the database, but I cant connect. It cant find the database.
Giving that usual, listening on port 5432, failed to find database...etc

Any suggestions, on what needs to be configured further.

Kind Regards,
Shaun Clements