Re: Python, MacOSX & PostgreSQL

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Nathan Wilson <velosa(at)cinenet(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Python, MacOSX & PostgreSQL
Date: 2002-01-05 00:47:55
Lists: pgsql-novice

Nathan Wilson <velosa(at)cinenet(dot)net> writes:
> I got all the pieces compiled (Python 2.2b3, MacOSX 10.1, PostgreSQL
> 7.2b3, mx.DateTime 2.0.2). Python and PostgreSQL are both working, but
> when I try to connect to the DB from Python I get 'Connection refused' and
> it asks if the server is accepting TCP/IP connections on port 5432. If I
> give psql that as the explicit port it does just fine.

Is it possible that in the Python case, PG sees the connection as coming
from your actual IP address and not from 127.0.0.1? You might try
adding an entry to pg_hba.conf for your machine's IP address.
(Don't forget that 7.2 requires you to SIGHUP the postmaster to get it
to notice pg_hba.conf changes.)