Re: pg_listener entries deleted under heavy NOTIFY load only on Windows

From: "Marshall, Steve" <smarshall(at)wsi(dot)com>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg_listener entries deleted under heavy NOTIFY load only on Windows
Date: 2009-01-16 13:39:24
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Tome Lane wrote:
Theory B is that you've got some broken antivirus code on there that is
arbitrarily interfering with the pipe access. The lack of any similar
previous reports suggests that there's some local issue contributing ,,,

Steve Marshall wrote:
To explore Theory B, I'll turned off all non-essential services on the
Windows server and rerun the test. This included turning of Symantec AV
and several other services we don't use anyway.

The test turned out exactly the same: one of the events was dropped from
pg_listener within a few seconds of starting the test.