Optional fields

From: Timothy_Maguire(at)hartehanks(dot)com
To: pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Optional fields
Date: 2001-01-16 14:57:20
Lists: pgsql-php

I have form that is used for searching a table of phone numbers. I want the
user to be able to search by first name, last name, manager, extension,
building, title, and department, These are all fields in the employee table.
But i don't want to have any requred fields. I was wonder what would be the
best way to query the table by ony filling in a few of the fields in the form.
I want to use "and" in my sql statement. Does anyone have any suggestions on
where I can start?

Thanks,
Tim.