Re: prepared queries in plperl

From: Dmitry Karasik <dmitry(at)karasik(dot)eu(dot)org>
To: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: prepared queries in plperl
Date: 2005-09-27 14:16:28
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Andrew> We need to examine the names being used on our spi functions - I'm
Andrew> not sure there is sufficient consistency about them.

Yes, but I'd rather wish the patch committed before that, because
otherwise I would be forced to rework the code again, after the
namespace is finally stabilized.

Andrew> Meanwhile, I will observe that this very desirable feature needs
Andrew> an interface with spi_fetchrow() - fetching large gobs of data all
Andrew> at once into perl memory is just not nice.

Agreed, I think as there is pair of spi_exec_query/spi_query, there should be
corresponding spi_exec_prepared/spi_whatever/spi_fetchrow_prepared. If I
have time, I'll look into implementing these, but again, I'd rather wait
until the patch is committed. When 8.1 is scheduled for release?

--
Sincerely,
Dmitry Karasik