Re: Distributed/Parallel Computing

From: Viji V Nair <viji(at)fedoraproject(dot)org>
To: Jeff Janes <jeff(dot)janes(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Distributed/Parallel Computing
Date: 2009-10-06 06:51:06
Lists: pgsql-performance

Hi Jeff,

These are bulk updates of GIS data and OLTP. For example, we are running
some sqls to remove specific POIs those are intersecting with others, for
such exercise we need to compare and remove the data form diffrent tables
including the 20M data tables.

Apart form these there are bulk selects (read only) which are coming form
the client systems also.

Thanks
Viji