Issue with functions in Rule

From: "Hakan Kocaman" <Hakan(dot)Kocaman(at)digame(dot)de>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Issue with functions in Rule
Date: 2005-10-18 16:10:51
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello Folks,

first i want to apologize for my bad english :~)
we got here apparntly 2 issues with the above mentioned functionality:

1. I want to use functions with composite types as parameters,
which is no deal on our current production server(postgres 7.4.3)
but don't work on our upcoming production server(8.0.3).
A sample function is attached.
The function uses a composite type from a view, which declaration
is alos attached.
In this thread it is mentioned as a bug:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-admin/2005-08/msg00153.php
The question is if it's fixed in 8.0.4 or 8.1.

2. Using the mentioned function in a rule on the mentioned view
clashs on the fact, that we don't find a appropriate way for the syntax.
The rule is also attached.

Also attached is the create statement for the base_table tblprodukte.

I know this looks all very denormalized... hmmm... and in fact it is for reasons
i can't describe in short terms, so please overlook this uglyness.

If anyone got a clue or pointer how this could be done, i would be very thankfull.

Best regards

Hakan Kocaman

Software-Developer
digame.de GmbH
Richard-Byrd-Str. 4-8
50829 Köln

Tel.: +49 (0) 221 59 68 88 31
Fax: +49 (0) 221 59 68 88 98

Email: hakan(dot)kocaman(at)digame(dot)de

Attachment Content-Type Size
sample_function_with_comp_type.sql application/octet-stream 2.0 KB
create_view_viewprodukte.sql application/octet-stream 3.2 KB
create_rule_onupdate_for_viewprodukte.sql application/octet-stream 238 bytes
create_tblprodukte.sql application/octet-stream 786 bytes