Re: Status of pgadmin for OSX

From: Adam H(dot)Pendleton <fmonkey(at)fmonkey(dot)net>
To: Glenn Strout <gstrout(at)stanford(dot)edu>
Cc: pgadmin admin <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Status of pgadmin for OSX
Date: 2004-07-20 00:48:29
Lists: pgadmin-support

On Jul 19, 2004, at 4:38 PM, Glenn Strout wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I have inherited a large postgres database which is being run on a
> Mac
> server with Panther OS. I see in your documentation that the Mac
> version of
> pgadmin is "experimental". At the moment, my main interest is in
> being
> able to create a visualization of the schema. Is the status of
> pgadmin for
> Mac so unstable I should be looking elsewhere? If not, then am I
> correct in
> assuming I could follow the instructions posted for the pgAdmin team
> only to
> install a version on my mac system? ... Which looks to me as if I
> should be
> starting with the wxWindos version?

As it currently stands, I'm having some trouble getting wxWindows
compiled properly on the Mac. I'm working with Stefan Comsor from the
wxMac team to get them worked out, but as of today I don't have a
working wxWindows tree. I should be able to provide a more detailed
update tomorrow, as Stefan just provided me a crucial fix this evening.

Sorry for not giving more regular updates, but, like everybody else,
I'm real busy. I'll try to provide more info tomorrow.

ahp