Re: commit fests (was Re: primary key error message)

From: Bernd Helmle <mailings(at)oopsware(dot)de>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: commit fests (was Re: primary key error message)
Date: 2010-01-23 15:00:34
Lists: pgsql-hackers

--On 22. Januar 2010 15:40:58 +0200 Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
wrote:

> Beta is still the definite cutoff; and the closer we get to
> beta, the smaller the acceptable changes become. I think that formula
> basically applies throughout the entire cycle.

For someone like me it's hard to guess, what "small" means in that context.
For example, i delayed my work on improving the representation of NOT NULL
constraints in favor of the pg_table_size() patch (my time was too limited
to work on both), since i always thought submitting beyond CF start would
be a non-starter for such a thing.

--
Thanks

Bernd