Re: Decoding of (nearly) empty transactions and regression tests

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Andres Freund <andres(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Decoding of (nearly) empty transactions and regression tests
Date: 2014-06-29 15:08:39
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> On 2014-06-29 10:36:22 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> You mean disable autovac only in the contrib/test_decoding check run,
>> right? That's probably OK since it's tested in the main regression
>> runs.

> Actually I'd not even though of that, but just of disabling it on
> relations with relevant amounts of changes in the test_decoding
> tests. That way it'd work even when run against an existing server (via
> installcheck-force) which I found useful during development.

I think that a change that affects the behavior in any other test runs is
not acceptable. Our testing of autovac is weaker than I'd like already
(since the main regression runs are designed to not show visible changes
when it runs). I don't want it being turned off elsewhere for the benefit
of this test.