Re: 10 weeks to feature freeze (Pending Work)

From: "Henry B(dot) Hotz" <hotz(at)jpl(dot)nasa(dot)gov>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Magnus Hagander <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
Subject: Re: 10 weeks to feature freeze (Pending Work)
Date: 2007-01-26 23:11:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Henry B. Hotz: GSSAPI authentication method for C (FE/BE) and Java
(FE).
Magnus Haglander: SSPI (GSSAPI compatible) authentication method for
C (FE) on Windows.

(That fair Magnus? Or you want to volunteer for BE support as well?)

GSSAPI isn't much more than a functional replacement for Kerberos 5,
but it's supported on lots more platforms. In particular Java and
Windows have native support (as well as Solaris 9).

If anyone is interested I currently have working-but-incomplete
patches to support SASL in C. I've decided not to finish and submit
them because the glue code to make configuration reasonable, and to
allow use of existing Postgres password databases with the password-
based mechanisms is still significant.