Combining images

From: Johan De Koning <ikbennuook(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Combining images
Date: 2005-06-24 11:03:39
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hello,

Inside my postgres database i want to store images of doors, windows
etc together with a specification of how a building face looks like
(so on which position is the door, etc). When i am doing a select i
want to combine the different images so that one image is given back
per face.

Is there an extension for Postgres to make this possible? I heard
something about Oracle which has the techniques available to combine
images within the database. BTW the new images should not be stored by
now inside the database, so there is no caching.

With regards,

Johan de Koning