From: Michael Glaesemann <grzm(at)myrealbox(dot)com>
To: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Date: 2003-11-09 12:44:52
Lists: pgsql-docs

I tried sending this yesterday with the PDF attached, but I haven't
seen it show up on the list. This is the same email sans attachment.
---
I was feeling particularly organizational today and redrew one of the
figures from the documentation. In the PostgreSQL 7.3 PDF
documentation, it's the System Catalogs Diagram, or Figure 3. The major
POSTGRES system catalogs.

I reproduced what was there, though I moved some of the relations
around to make the diagram a little clearer, I think. I haven't checked
it against what's written in the 7.4 documentation, as I know the
system catalogs change every once in a while. If this is something
you'd like, but changes need to be made (or if I've just messed
something up), I'll go ahead and make them. I've attached a PDF, though
if you'd like a different format I can convert it.

I can't tell if it's included in the 7.4 documentation—I couldn't find
it. If you don't need it, no big deal, but I thought I'd offer.

Michael
grzm myrealbox com

  • Re: at 2003-11-09 15:16:39 from Tom Lane