Re: 回复: 回复: 回复: BUG #16101: tables in the DB is not available after pg_restore

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: 唯一★ <270246512(at)qq(dot)com>, pgsql-bugs <pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: 回复: 回复: 回复: BUG #16101: tables in the DB is not available after pg_restore
Date: 2019-11-17 19:06:33
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> writes:
> What happens is that we *do not* include ACL for the public schema
> unless when running in "clean" mode (i.e. when pg_dump is executed with
> "-c" switch). This is the relevant comment from pg_dump.c:

Note that that bit is new since v11; the OP is complaining about v10
which acted differently.

I did some simple experiments that suggest that things are fine in
this area as of v11+, but the reason we changed it is that it wasn't
fine before. The most likely bet IMO is that the OP did a
dump/restore with -c -x at some point, and that lost the ACL for
the public schema, and now that state will be preserved by
additional dump/restore cycles with -c. It'd be advisable to
drop the database and create it fresh instead of using -c.