Re: Regression tests vs existing users in an installation

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: Regression tests vs existing users in an installation
Date: 2016-07-17 22:46:30
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I've gone ahead and pushed a patch that does all of the cosmetic renamings
needed to clean up the global-object-names situation. I've not done
anything yet about those special cases in the rolenames test, since it's
open for discussion exactly what to do there. I figured that this patch
was bulky enough, and mechanical enough, that there wasn't much point in
putting it up for review; the buildfarm will do a lot better at finding
any mistakes I may have made.