Re: Search content within a bytea field

From: Florian Weimer <fweimer(at)bfk(dot)de>
To: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Damiano Bolzoni <damiano(dot)bolzoni(at)gmail(dot)com>, Sylvain Leroux <sl20(at)wanadoo(dot)fr>, pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Search content within a bytea field
Date: 2009-09-05 14:06:07
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

* Kris Jurka:

> On Thu, 3 Sep 2009, Florian Weimer wrote:
>
>> It more or less prevents use of fancy types. There doesn't seem to be
>> to set an unspecified type on a per-parameter basis, unfortunately.
>>

> Use setObject(int, object, Types.OTHER);

I get a PSQLException with "Cannot cast an instance of
java.lang.String to type Types.OTHER". Other types (such as Integer)
don't work, either.

I look rather hard at Debian's 8.2-504-3 source but couldn't find a
straightforward way to make this work, beyond specifying
stringtype=unspecified for the whole connection.

--
Florian Weimer <fweimer(at)bfk(dot)de>
BFK edv-consulting GmbH http://www.bfk.de/