Re: Notes on implementing URI syntax for libpq

From: Florian Weimer <fweimer(at)bfk(dot)de>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Alexander Shulgin <ash(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog(at)svana(dot)org>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Notes on implementing URI syntax for libpq
Date: 2011-11-24 14:31:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers

* Alvaro Herrera:

> I think we should just propose something that will not work in JDBC.

I'm not sure if this is a good idea. 8-)

I plan to add UNIX Domain socket support to the JDBC driver.
Eventually, the JDK will expose UNIX Domain sockets to Java code, too
(they are already used internally for management functions).

--
Florian Weimer <fweimer(at)bfk(dot)de>
BFK edv-consulting GmbH http://www.bfk.de/