Re: crosstab functions in postgres 8.1

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Chris Preston" <chris(at)thetrafalgartravel(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: crosstab functions in postgres 8.1
Date: 2008-06-07 00:12:07
Lists: pgsql-sql

"Chris Preston" <chris(at)thetrafalgartravel(dot)com> writes:
> I am almost a newbie to postgres and only recently found out about one of
> the greatest function crosstab in postgres. The problem is that I am using
> 8.1 and when I run the function I am getting an error relating to
> $libdir/tablefunc.. someone mentioned that it might be because I am using
> ver 8.1 and not 8.3

Well, since you didn't supply the exact error message, this is just a
guess; but it sounds like you haven't got the contrib/tablefunc module
installed in your 8.1 database, or at least haven't got it installed
correctly. You need a tablefunc.so file that is compiled for 8.1
(copying the 8.3 version will almost certainly NOT work).