Re: ALTER TABLE

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Gena Gurchonok <gena(at)rt(dot)mipt(dot)ru>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ALTER TABLE
Date: 2000-08-03 15:52:20
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Gena Gurchonok <gena(at)rt(dot)mipt(dot)ru> writes:
> When I renaming table using ALTER TABLE,
> it doesn't change table name in RI triggers. This results in backend
> crash due to invalid arguments for RI_Check trigger procedure.

Yes, this is a known bug. Two bugs actually, first being that the
trigger definitions don't track the rename (they should probably be
storing OID not relname, although that would complicate dump/restore).
Second is that the table opens in the triggers themselves neglect to
check for open failure :-(, which results in crashes later on.