Re: found xmin x from before relfrozenxid y

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Cc: Johannes Graën <johannes(at)selfnet(dot)de>, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: found xmin x from before relfrozenxid y
Date: 2018-10-22 03:04:26
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

> On 2018-10-21 10:24:16 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> (Well, I see the short answer: the code layer throwing the error
>> doesn't know. But that could be fixed easily enough.)

> I wonder if the better approach wouldn't be to add an errcontext for
> vaccuum, where continually update the block number etc. Theres plenty of
> different sources of corruption that'd potentially cause debug messages
> or errors, and that should get most of them.

I did not chase this in detail, but it looked to me like there were
two code paths leading to heap_prepare_freeze_tuple, and only one
of them came from VACUUM. So adding a Relation parameter seemed like
a more promising fix for it. But possibly there are more error messages
we need to worry about besides this.