Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory

From: zqzuk <ziqi(dot)zhang(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory
Date: 2007-01-09 21:30:45
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi, I am using PostgreSQL with Spring, Hibernate on my web application. I
came across such an exception when my application attempts to query the
database. It is strange that it didnt happen when the application creates
and populates databases; but when it performs "selects" operations. The
exception message is:

Exception invoking listener method onLogin of component Home: Failure
invoking listener method 'public java.lang.String
tuition.page.Home.onLogin()' on $Home_0(at)1d35bf2[Home]: Hibernate operation:
Cannot open connection; uncategorized SQLException for SQL [???]; SQL state
[null]; error code [0]; Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (The
connection attempt failed.); nested exception is
org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create
PoolableConnectionFactory (The connection attempt failed.)