AW: Column reference X is ambiguous?

From: "Hartwig Jens" <Jens(dot)Hartwig(at)t-systems(dot)de>
To: "Palle Girgensohn" <girgen(at)partitur(dot)se>, <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: AW: Column reference X is ambiguous?
Date: 2001-05-28 06:26:31
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hello Palle,

in my opinion the error message is completely correct. It is not
necessary that GROUP-BY-Attributes have to be included in the
SELECT-Clause.

The following query would be correct either:

SELECT count(*) as count
FROM read_faq rf,
GROUP BY userid;

I wonder why your query should have run before 7.1.x, even one of my old
test-databases (7.0.2) does not permit a query with ambiguous attributes
in the GROUP-clause.

Best regards, Jens Hartwig

T-Systems
Project Manager
debis Systemhaus GEI GmbH
Address: Eichhornstraße 3, 10785 Berlin
Postal Address: 10785 Berlin
Phone: (004930) 25 54-32 82
Fax: (004930) 25 54-31 87
Mobile: (0170) 167 26 48
E-Mail: jens(dot)hartwig(at)t-systems(dot)de