Re: Building web sites using a database

From: "Chad Wagner" <chad(dot)wagner(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Jan Mura" <jan(dot)mura(at)volny(dot)cz>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Building web sites using a database
Date: 2007-01-17 17:55:16
Lists: pgsql-general

On 1/17/07, Jan Mura <jan(dot)mura(at)volny(dot)cz> wrote:

> I would like to ask if there is a genral concept of creating web pages
> using
> a database and PHP or another scripting language.
> What I mean is to store basic entities and relations between pages. Only
> the
> certain texts or information regarding every site will differ. But indeex
> page, search page, result page and so on for every site should look
> similarly so the application select a structure of a page from DB and add
> certain text.

It sounds like you want a content management system, I would take a look at
the Joomla project. If I recall you can use PostgreSQL as a backend (if not
there is easily 50~60 different content management systems out there ranging
from open source to commercial). I certainly wouldn't write your own.

--
Chad
http://www.postgresqlforums.com/