Re: Implement targetlist SRFs using ROWS FROM() (was Changed SRF in targetlist handling)

From: Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka(at)iki(dot)fi>
To: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: Implement targetlist SRFs using ROWS FROM() (was Changed SRF in targetlist handling)
Date: 2016-08-29 09:56:25
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 08/28/2016 12:48 AM, Andres Freund wrote:
> Attached is a significantly updated patch series (see the mail one up
> for details about what this is, I don't want to quote it in its
> entirety).
>
> There's still some corner cases (DISTINCT + SRF, UNION/INTERSECT with
> SRF) to test / implement and a good bit of code cleanup to do. But
> feature wise it's pretty much complete.

Looks good, aside from the few FIXMEs, TODOs and XXXs and DIRTYs.

I think we need to come up with a better word for "unsrfify". That's
quite a mouthful. Perhaps something as boring as
"convert_srfs_to_function_rtes".

Would it make sense for addRangeTableEntryForFunction() to take a List
of RangeFunctionElems as argument, now that we have such a struct? The
lists-of-same-length approach gets a bit tedious.

Typos:
s/fortfour/forfour
s/Each element of this list a/ Each element of this list is a/

- Heikki