Re: New MS patent: sounds like PG db rules

From: Nikola Milutinovic <alokin1(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: New MS patent: sounds like PG db rules
Date: 2008-05-29 09:57:22
Lists: pgsql-general

Still, this sounds dangerous. It should be, even legally, WRONG to patent something that already exist and was not invented by the patentee. I know we can laugh off MS in court, but what about new DBs or project even built on PG that have this functionality? Software patents are a menace, I'm afraid. And this is still just one portion. IBM is also into this line of "work".

Nix.