Re: Calculate total_table_pages after set_base_rel_sizes()

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: David Rowley <david(dot)rowley(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Edmund Horner <ejrh00(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Calculate total_table_pages after set_base_rel_sizes()
Date: 2018-11-07 17:17:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers

David Rowley <david(dot)rowley(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> writes:
> [ v2-0001-Calculate-total_table_pages-after-set_base_rel_si.patch ]

Pushed with cosmetic adjustments. The reason it's okay to not check for
appendrels in this loop is now quite different from the reason it was okay
before, so I didn't like the fact that you'd just cut-and-pasted the same
comment. Also, you did s/brel/rel/ in the transferred code, which I would
not have objected to except you were inserting it into a function that
(a) already had a local variable "rel", causing a shadowing situation,
and (b) had an identical loop just above this that used the "brel"
notation. So I changed that back.